Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Paintings of Mermaid month

Today I am going to show you some of the paintings for the January Mermaid project. And a little bit about my process for creating my art.



I start with pencil then pen and ink in the basic lines of the mermaids. 

 I always tend to start with a base coat color and then go back and add details to the piece. On this mermaid I started with her skin.

 These Lovely ladies have gotten their background base color.
 I added some yellows and reds to these ladies.
 This shows these mermaid ladies with all the details added and as finished products.


The majority of the paintings this month are watercolor.As you can see I used various sizes and shapes of paper. It was really fun having one subject because it helped me feel inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment